Armenian College and Philanthropic Academy facilitates the students with a well equipped Gym. It is to be used extensively for the benefit of the students. It helps the students to achieve and maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle. It prepares them to be physically capable to take the stress and pressure of regular life. Consequently to generate maximum use, an effective and healthy cooperation between the students and the Office of Armenian College and Philanthropic Academy is essential.
The Office of ACPA maintains the Gym schedule.
NOTE: The Manager or his designee may exercise his discretion and deny Gym time to any student(s) considering student interests.
- Sign in (full name, date, arrival time and departure time) whenever entering and using the gym and sign out whenever leaving the gym.
- No children under 16 years of age are allowed in exercise areas
- It is preferable to carry a large towel to sit/lie on when using the different equipments. It is more hygienic for others using equipment later.
- Before beginning their workout,students are advised to wash their hands and wipe off any cologne or perfume.
- Students must keep the weights, discs or dumbbells in their respective places immediately after use.
- Students must clean and wipe all the machines and equipments after use.
- When they use the equipment at the gym, it is their job to handle them with care so that others can use them as well. By using common sense and a little consideration of their own abilities and those around them, they should make the gym a better experience for themselves and others.
- Students must not be noisy.
- No foul language is allowed.
- Students are not permitted to disturb others. They must focus on their own workout and allow others to do the same.
- No spitting
- No food or drinks (except water) allowed in the Gym.
- Daily cleaning is the responsibility of the cleaning service of ACPA as well as of the students who use the Gym.
- Students must keep the room clean after each use.
- Once a week (Saturday at 5:30 pm) students must do general cleaning of the Gym.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Shorts, sweat pants or warm-ups must be worn.
- Proper footwear is required. One is not allowed to use the gym barefooted.
- Towels are to be kept to wipe off excessive sweat (excess sweat can accumulate on the floor and cause slipping).
Individuals who do not adhere to these policies are liable to face strict consequences.
Approved by the Educational Committee of 2014