Armenian College and Philanthropic Academy (ACPA) is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi, bearing registration no. WB037. ACPA is a fully residential coeducational school which was established in 1821. The medium of instruction is English.
On completion of their ICSE Examination, our students generally go to other schools of national repute in India, to complete their high school education. Thereafter, they go to various colleges in India and abroad for their undergraduate and post graduate studies.
The Academic year at ACPA consists of two terms:
– First Term: April to September / October
– Second Term: September / October to March of the following year.
- ACPA follows a five day week consisting of 40 periods. Each period is referred to as a ‘lesson’ of 40 minutes.
- The average strength of a class is conducive to a congenial and effective transaction of lessons.
- There are some subjects such as music, fine arts and computer studies where the students move to the respective facilities for the lessons.
- A five minute break is provided between two consecutive lessons so that the learners can reflect on the previous lesson and prepare themselves for the next lesson.
- Besides the prescribed curriculum by CISCE, the students are exposed to a host of extracurricular and co curricular activities. Swimming, basketball, football, rugby, dramatics, Choir, dance, elocution, essay writing competition, Spell Bee and painting are some of the activities that are regularly held in the School.
- All Armenian and Indian national festivals and important days and occasions are observed with due respect.
- The School offers Modern Armenian as the Second Language and Hindi as the Third Language.
- There is a well-equipped school library which contains a large number of ancient Armenian books, besides books on various other school subjects. The library also subscribes to a variety of English and Armenian newspapers and magazines. It has computers with internet connections for the purpose of research for students and staff.
- The School offers facility of Skype Communication on a regular basis for students to keep in touch with their family members, who live abroad.
- The School is listed on the website of CISCE which is reachable at: http://cisce.azurewebsites.net/