The Armenian chapel of St. Gregory the Illuminator, the last Armenian church inKolkata was built in 1906 by contributions from the Armenian community. The church is located in central Kolkata near the Park Circus area.
Sir Paul Chater Home, a three storied Old Age Home for the benefit of the Armenian community, is situated near this chapel. Named after the eminent benefactor Sir Paul Chater, this Home caters to the welfare of the needy. The foundation stone was laid by Mr. S.K. Sen, the Official Trustee of West Bengal on 21st November, 1952.The church and the Home are taken care of by the Church Committee of Holy Nazareth.